RONALDOEVANGELISTA


"I have been thinking about how as adults we bury our emotions..."

Com a desculpa de "abrir as cortinas do processo criativo", o New York Times convidou quatro músicos e compositores a escrever em um blog, Measure for Measure. Estreando a série, escreveu lá ontem o Andrew Bird - talvez o músico mais criativo dos nossos tempos. O mais legal é que as composições do Bird são todas meio alegóricas, simbólicas, misteriosas, prosaicas e complexas ao mesmo tempo, e no texto ele fala de todo seu processo criativo. Além de comentar sobre como compõe, grava, toca e se inspira, ele descreve passo a passo a última música que escreveu - e ainda está escrevendo: "Oh No". Torço pra surgir uma demo no MySpace ou vazar uma gravação de show em breve.

De quebra, ele ainda libera a boa notícia que tem onze músicas prontas e semana que vem começa a gravar novo disco.

***

Almost every breath contains some fragments of an escaping melody. If I shape my lips so as to whistle, my breath will take on a musical shape like sonic vapor. Words are much trickier. I would forgo words altogether if I didn’t love singing them so much. My choice of words and my voice betray so much and that’s what’s so terrifying and attractive about it.

I’m not the most forthcoming person — I only speak when I have something to say. What is becoming more challenging of late is dealing with so many fully formed melodies that are unwilling to change their shape for any word. So writing lyrics becomes like running multiple code-breaking programs in your head until just the right word with just the right number of syllables, tone of vowel and finally some semblance of meaning all snap into place.

Marcadores:

1 Responses to “"I have been thinking about how as adults we bury our emotions..."”

  1. # Blogger Palugan

    bom, melhor que jay jay ele é.  

Postar um comentário

Busca


[All your base are belong to us]

Evangelista Jornalista
Investigações Artísticas

*Anos Vinte







@evansoundsystem



Feed!



© 2001-2010 Ronaldo Evangelista